Sunday, February 20, 2011

66

So this post is a few weeks late because I am lazy as fuck, my motivation and shit is shot in different directions or is a empty. My brother's birthday is the twenty ninth of January. This one is the older one who turned his Golden Age as well, which is when your age is the same number as the day you are born.
He comes to pick me up from Southdale, and we drive to my place and then to Origami. Origami is the only place with Fugu, which is blowfish. Blowfish is prepared in a precise way since it has deadly toxins and can be fatal if improperly prepared.

Here is my brothers. I took one of their mannerisms without the face shots and then one of them. I think maybe I should have black scaled the left picture. That image would have been a cool photo.

We went to Origami to try the Karaage, which is deep fried blowfish and minimal amounts can be made daily, like one or two portions, but unfortunately missed that. We ended up getting the Fugu sashimi which is the slices of it or something. It has this sponge-like yet soft fishy texture. The right photo is an image to the right of where I was sitting. The Fugu total was twenty seven bucks for that small plate. My brother wanted to try that  along with us. We bounced out after this and jetted to Saint Paul for Mickey's Diner, a staple that is open twenty four hours a day. This place was highlighted in movies such as The Mighty Ducks.

This is the entrance with some novelty rules which make common sense that everyone should have, but does not of course.

As you go in up above the employees are a sign to the left and then a sign to the right. Read them and follow.

Here are more photos inside. To the left, and then to the right


These were a few fun old time photos I decided to snap. We got there after a Minnesota Wild hockey game, and it was slightly packed. Click the photos for a higher quality image for viewing


Here goes the menu and covering. We ended up getting a booth instead of seats at the 'bar'. They had an old time jukebox as well. 


The brother looks irked here. They have a pretty big menu with varied things and items. Most of it is good old American hearty food and breakfast items as well. Breakfast at six in the evening? That sounds good!


My and my brothers ordered burgers. I ordered the Mickey's burger or something I think, with hash browns and stuff. The stuff was pretty good. My younger bro ordered the California burger, whatever that means to me haha.

Poof, all gone and done.

My brother ordered a hot fudge sundae for dessert and this is the results of us all splitting one.


This is the outside and decor of the the olde diner.

After that, I got dropped off at BOMP. The redhead is Anna, one with funny faces is Kirsten. Both of them are friends and go to the University Of Minnesota.

This is the point where I got 'camera-jacked' and was in a semi-buzzed state. This is also my new signature face I will be making in most of my photos, as I do not like my smile.

Action in motion shots are always fun. They sometimes get fuzzy or blurred due to the shutter speed being off or the lighting conditions being improper, but when they come out clear, you get more than you asked for with emotion coming through.

BOMP has many lights and is a very dimly lit atmosphere with many young ones who drank before or ravers who trip on something in my opinion before going and attending. These are some taken with either natural light  of nothing or with a quick flash of my camera's.


The two on the left are Ackermann and Bill, two of the four DJs of the night I believe.


This last shot is cool due to the light in the darkness and the lasers.

Khau bulyghyz

No comments: