Friday, March 26, 2010

Late

Lovely.
I watched two movies last night. I watched A Christmas Carol's latest rendition with Jim Carrey for Scrooge's voice and computer-generated imagery distributed by Walt Disney.
It was entertaining but not really spectacular. I did not pay much attention to it as it was wiggidy wacks. I have heard the Christmas Carol story too many different times in too many different renditions.

The next movie I watched is a French subbed intense movie, 'Une prophete', which translates to A Prophet. The imdb plotline is "A young Arab man is sent to a French prison where he becomes a mafia kingpin". This movie has received more nominations than Slumdog Millionaire at the European Film Awards. In another person's words, they are a better sell than me; "Why is this such a good film? Because of the radical approach to show us nothing but the raw underbelly of France, but also because of the story which has many aspects."

I got late this morning. It is Friday.

No comments: