Tuesday, September 24, 2013

198: Rick Ross Self Made 3 at Gramercy Theatre

Tuesday on September seventeenth, Rick Ross and the MMG collective released a collaboration album "Self Made 3". He decided to have three concerts, one for Wale on the "What Dreams May Come" tour, another for Meek Mill an hour later, then Rick Ross forty five minutes later. All concerts are streamed live upon their site MMG.tv. I get a pair of tickets from LowKey of YouHeardThatNew music blog. I get there and the tickets are there like said. I had my doubts because I have had people say they were giving tickets and then flake before. The doors were at seven, I get there around a little after eight or so. I had to run some errands and eat some food and such before arriving here. Ross's entry began about ten or so. DJ Magic warmed the crowd up for two hours and then Funkmaster Flex woke the crowd up from slumber with a cute cut-up style that he usually does for a half hour or so. Ross comes on stage with backup by Old Slab and a full band.

He did a variety of songs from past and present tracks and tracks without the feature artists there due to obligations. His guests he brought with him were Stalley, Rockie Fresh, and some of the smaller MMG artists. Below is the set list of what he performed. The show was great until the fight during the last track in Ross's set.

No Games
BMF
Fuckwithmeyouknowigotit
Everyday I'm Hustlin'
John
Pop That
Gallardo
I'm On One
Aston Martin Music
Diced Pineapples
I'm A Boss
Box Chevy
Bugatti
Stay Schemin
Stack On My Belt

Stalley A-Wax
Rockie Fresh What Ya Used To
MMG smaller artists Bout That Life










Cha wak cwentab'a

No comments: